gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] customized (non-ascii) forms

From: Dmitry
Subject: [Gnue-dev] customized (non-ascii) forms
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:02:33 +0300 (MSK)

Hello all,

The very next thing for those of us living in non-ascii part of the world
after we successfully downloaded, installed GNUe Forms is trying to customize
example forms to our native language. I think it will we valid even if we
provide set of forms with translating capabilities (Derek, Arturas?)

In my case I took samples/simple/form.gfd. It works. Changed one or two
strings to russian (koi8r).
Running that changed form I've got an exception:

DB000: Traceback (most recent call last):
DB000:   File
"/home/ds/cvs/gnue/gnue/forms/.cvsdevelbase/gnue/forms/GFClient.py", line 191,
in ?
DB000:     GFClient().run()
DB000:   File
"/home/ds/cvs/gnue/gnue/forms/.cvsdevelbase/gnue/forms/GFClient.py", line 118,
in run
DB000:     self.runForm(formfile, self.disableSplash)
DB000:   File
"/home/ds/cvs/gnue/gnue/forms/.cvsdevelbase/gnue/forms/GFClient.py", line 159,
in runForm
DB000:     form = loadForm (fileHandle, instance)
DB000:   File
"/home/ds/cvs/gnue/gnue/forms/.cvsdevelbase/gnue/forms/GFParser.py", line 61,
in loadForm
DB000:     initialize, attributes={"_app": app,
DB000:   File
"/home/ds/cvs/gnue/gnue/forms/.cvsdevelbase/gnue/common/GParser.py", line 95,
in loadXMLObject
DB000:     parser.parse(stream)
DB000:   File "/usr/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py",
line 43, in parse
DB000:     xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
DB000:   File "/usr/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py",
line 121, in parse
DB000:     self.feed(buffer)
DB000:   File "/usr/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py",
line 87, in feed
DB000:     self._parser.Parse(data, isFinal)
DB000: UnicodeError: UTF-8 decoding error: invalid data

Note I had defaultencoding set to 'koi8-r' before that (via
sitecustomize).

Just setting encoding="koi8-r" to xml header I've got it running back
again.

Both forms are available at:
www.gnuenterprise.org/~dimas/samples/forms/

original one:
form.gfd (the same as gnue/forms/samples/simple/form.gfd in forms distribution)

changed (to russian koi8r):
form_ru_koi8r.gfd

Can anyone from non-ascii part of the world change that form.gfd to your native
langiage, test it on your system and send it to me in any cases? Please
provide encoding which it in.

File which gnue's participant has which locale/encoding by default is in
there also:

www.gnuenterprise.org/~dimas/doc/gnuers_enc.txt

Regards,
Dmitry

P.S.

Playing that way I found strange behavior how form.gfd operates:
a. if i page_down to the second page i never get back to the first one
b. right after appearing the form shows tip for first text field on the second
page