gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] Instructions for Generating Patches

From: Jason Cater
Subject: [Gnue-dev] Instructions for Generating Patches
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:04:09 -0600

Hi all,

I'd like to request either a page on the website or a FAQ entry covering
how to generate patches and where supporters should send patches. I've
been telling people to simply do a "cvs diff > mypatch.diff" and email
the resulting file to address@hidden   I know some projects (OpenOffice
comes to mind) have a standard set of flags for "cvs diff" that they'd
prefer.

Either way, I think this needs to be on the website.  I have no problem
writing the text and putting on the site (or in the faq), but don't
necessarily know what our "standard" should be.

Anyone with more experience with patches or cvs in general care to
comment? I'm still a relatively newbie with CVS.

Thanks,

Jason