gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] Re: GEAS is dead. Long live GEAS.

From: Rouzer, Charles A \(Chuck\)
Subject: [Gnue-dev] Re: GEAS is dead. Long live GEAS.
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:39:20 -0500

I would like security and authentication seperated in the white paper.

Authentication: Multiple backend authentication methods via internal GNUe
database table, internal database user table, and local system.  An admin
could config the local system authentication method which would enable GNUe
to authenticate via PAM, NIS, local passwd file, etc.

Security: Role Base Access Control (RBAC).  If this method is used, in
theory, you should be able to tie this into future OSs that also implement
RBAC.  This has been discussed in the past.  Whether implemented partially
or fully I believe this is worth looking into as a possible solution.