gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] GEAS is dead. Long live GEAS.

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: [Gnue-dev] GEAS is dead. Long live GEAS.
Date: 04 Mar 2002 21:09:41 +0100

Just to make sure this is clearly documented in the mailing list
archives:

We made the decision to rewrite the GNU Enterprise Application Server
from scratch. The rewrite will take place in python.
We have decided to keep the acronym "GEAS".

A current version of the GEAS whitepaper, which includes the results of
our recent discussion, is available in different formats at
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~reinhard/ under the name witepaper.*
(please select your favorite format, all the files have identical
content and will be kept up to date with every change).

Comments, corrections and extensions on the text are welcome and should
probably be discussed on this mailing list.

The next step would be to define the interface GEAS shows against the
front end. Unless somebody else feels the urgent wish to take this job,
I will try to flesh it out within the next days (weeks?) together with
the current front end authors, James Thompson and Jason Cater.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project