gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] GNUe Focus

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] GNUe Focus
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:57:02 -0600

Seeing as how we only advertise the packages to the outside world, I
wouldn't expect any less.  I agree that people are hungering for
packages, but let's put all "statistics" in the correct focus.

I think it is high time for someone to do some packages, even if they
are simple ones.  Ooo, I almost forgot... We do have DCL -- which isn't
just a simple little package.  Of course, I'll be happy when we have a
forms interface to it. (Derek: hint, hint!)

Just complaining about not having packages does no one any good. Any one
else have any thoughts? (And saying we don't have a working GEAS is no
excuse... packages were written LONG before the concept of an object
server came about. "Where there's a will, there's a way.")

-- Jason