implicit declarations

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: implicit declarations
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 08:11:49 +0200

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 02:52:51PM +1000, mwaters517 wrote:
> I think I'll standardize of gnucap-git since I'm running Archlinux.
> Have installed it and it works but during the build process I was
> getting alot (ie. 100's) of warnings like the following :
> [..]
> implicit declarations
> [..]
> I tried to dig a little deeper to see if I could suppress this compiler
> warning but
> there's no g++ switch to do that as far as I can see.

Hi Mike.

There is a switch to override the language version. On Arch, g++
probably defaults to c++17, and in c++17 something about default
constructors has changed. If you are curious, try

$ ../configure.gnu CXXFLAGS=-std=c++98     # autotools
$ (make)

or

$ (configure)                              # upstream (not tested)
$ make CCC=g++\ -std=c++98

... But better ignore the warnings for now. We need to add the "missing"
declarations, and they should work with either c++. See "constr" branch
for an attempt.

thanks
felix