Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugin not found in MinGW

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugin not found in MinGW
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 11:30:26 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 11:23:14AM +0200, Patrick Mulder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> now after some tweaks and a complete build cycle, I am able to start
> gnucap.exe

cool!

> but it gives:
>
> λ ./gnucap.exe
> Gnucap : The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
> Never trust any version less than 1.0
> Copyright 1982-2013, Albert Davis
> Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> This is free software, and you are welcome
> to redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later.
> See the file "COPYING" for details.
> main version: cmake-2 2017.10.18
> core-lib version: cmake-2 2017.10.18
> load gnucap-default-plugins.dll
>      ^ ? plugin not found in /usr/local/lib/gnucap
>
> Maybe some function to load the dll is missing (I saw a message about
> dlopen missing earlier in the build)

Hi Patrick

I dont know exactly what the dlopen message is about. note that we
emulate POSIX dlopen on mingw (see include/md.h).

you could check if the plugins have been installed to some other place.
in that case, try
$ GNUCAP_PLUGPATH=/actual/plugin/install/path gnucap.exe

the .dll extension might some of the logic behind it. I am not sure if
anybody ever tested this.

thanks!
felix