[Gnucap-devel] cmake branch

From: al davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] cmake branch
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 11:14:41 -0400

"cmake-2" is a rebase of cmake-1.

Quick test .. I see one problem, and don't know cmake enough to fix ..

The default plugins are installed as "libgnucap-default-plugins.so",
which isn't found by gnucap.  Apparently, cmake prepends "lib" even if
we don't ask for it.  The convention used  here is that plugins do not
have the lib prefix because of the intent to load with dlopen, not at
link time.

Sometimes I wonder if that is a good decision.  With a "lib" prefix, it
could be linked at startup or at link time (static link), which would
enable gnucap to run on systems with messed up support for dynamic
libraries.  The design of plugins is such that they can be loaded
either way.

So (especially addressed to Guilherme and Kevin, who know cmake) ..
can you fix this?

al.