Re: [Gnucap-devel] parameter case sensitivity

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] parameter case sensitivity
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 14:39:31 -0500

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 20:03:11 +0100
Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:

> tell about duplicates via error()? this will not be possible with IChar
> and less alone. my current approach uses a DICT class to wrap the map,
> would that be a good place?

What I was thinking isn't that much different, but simpler.

Often when I am working on something like this, I start with what comes
to mind, do it again a few times, and eventually end up with something
tiny compared to the original.

What I was really thinking of is that Ichar is a class, with the ops so
it can be used in place of char.  It's just like char except for the
compare functions, so it can be used wherever char is used, and char
not used any more.

The DICT class to wrap the map is really not much different from what
could be done with a typedef.

Not all things needing to be compared like this are in maps.