[Gnucap-devel] libtool?

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] libtool?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:00:29 +0200

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 03:54:10AM -0400, al davis wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 08:39:30 +0200
> Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
> > this is along the lines of porting autotools features to the Make{1,2,3}
> > files. it is meant to work for everyone, and the packaging will become
> > more straightforward... what do you think?
>
> Try it, in a branch, so I can see it.

Hi Al.

see the libtool branch.

some notes:
- i have no idea, what the cross-platform implications are. and i don't
  know, how the build system is meant to work, hence i tried to add this
  *as an option* first.
- there's one option "--prefix" already. the --with-libtool flag and its
  data flow is aligned to that. i don't know how sucessful this is.
- most parts are implemented various times. it might make some sense to
  deduplicate. i tried not to.
- libtool raises portability issues upon linking plain object files into
  a libtool library. hence i added a rule to compile .lo (libtool
  object) instead.
- the library version is initialized to 0:0:0. we should probably agree
  on a higher one...

if this is working for you, we might want to include libtool, and
default to --with-libtool, maybe just remove the non-libtool
implementation... later.

cheers
felix