Re: [Gnucap-devel] precalc_last-2

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] precalc_last-2
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:36:24 -0400

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 20:51:00 +0100
Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
> > But still the question ...  Keep temp as dc/op does? or reset temp as
> > tran does?  I think the memory from command to command is confusing,
>
> ok, i agree.

dc op was inconsistent witin itself.  Should be fixed now.

> > so it is better not to keep it, and to not have memory of command
> > options from command to command.
>
> in particular, time arguments in a transient command do not count as
> "command options"... (makes some sense.)

The sense here (ac, dc, too) is that no time args in tran, no freq args
for ac, etc) would be a useless command.  Running it interactively it
saves a lot of typing.

For temp that is kept from command to command, there's option temp=___,
or the spice compatible .temp command.

new push of precalc_last-2 branch.