Re: [Gnucap-devel] [Help-gnucap] Help adapting POLY H source

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] [Help-gnucap] Help adapting POLY H source
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 21:31:20 +0100

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 07:26:37PM +0100, Orestes Mas wrote:
> I'm trying to adapt a PSpice macromodel of AD8541 OpAmp. Luckily enough, I've
> been able to translate nearly every POLY controlled source into a form
> suitable for GnuCap, mainly by splitting the POLY source into several
> "normal"
> sources as the original didn't depend upon cross-products between input
> variables.

Hi Orestes.

> Am I correct? If so, can you suggest me how could I implement this source in
> GnuCap?

the (simple) "spice" components implemented for gnucap are organized as
ELEMENT (something with ports) + BM (a behavioural model).

some time ago i tried to boost spice compatibility, and implemented a
few more BMs, such as poly_k. you can find it here [1]. the package is
considered obsolete (matter of opinion?), and probably won't work with
upstream gnucap (rather than gnucap-uf [2]).

Next, let me suggest to give gnucap-adms [3] a try (and use a verilog-a
model). this is a different story, but not as obsolete as gnucap-bm.
there's some work in progress on making things work with upstream
gnucap.

please use gnucap-devel (see CC) for discussion of implementation
details and debugging.

have fun
felix

[1] git://reichel.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/git/gnucap-bm
[2] git://reichel.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/git/gnucap
[3] git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnucap/gnucap-adms.git