Re: [Gnucap-devel] output plugins

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] output plugins
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:33:27 -0500

On Sunday 01 March 2015, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> finally, i have a minimalistic approach on output plugins in
> the "output" branch. i have duplicated the LANG semantics
> into OUTPUT. some functions from SIM are now part of a
> plugin. the former SIM members now are wrappers.

Thanks for getting it started.  It always takes a few iterations
to get it right.

What I had in mind is that the existing four (alarmlist,
printlist, plotlist, storelist) are instances of outputs.  Each
output adds a command to feed it (now alarm, print, plot,
store).

After they become plugins, we can add more.  Like the existing
ones, they can be used simultaneously.  More would include Spice
rawfiles, Qucs datasets, links to plotting programs and post-
analysis tools like R, octave, etc.

After they become clonable instances, they can be cloned, so you
can have multiple outputs of the same type, .. several plots,
several tables., as well as different types.

The existing code for the ASCII plot dates back to the original
fortran, and should be replaced by something more fitting.

s__out.cc needs big changes.  Instead of explicitly calling the
ones it knows, it should feed to all that are requested.