Re: [Gnucap-devel] Makefiles again

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Makefiles again
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:42:55 +0100

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 09:37:53PM -0500, al davis wrote:
> On Monday 09 February 2015, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> > so Make2 is not there before configure has run, and
> > (optionally) edited by hand.  and somehow included if you
> > type "make"...  what will a configure run do to your hand
> > crafted Make2?
>
> Clobber it, but that's ok.  The idea is to preserve the ability
> to tinker with it, mostly for development.

ok, but this does not apply to automatically invoked reconfigure?
let me see what i can do...

> > the amount of user serviceable parts is small, which i think
> > is most important. the amount of mess... well i don't care,
> > as long as it works.
>
> I don't care if I don't have to deal with it.  It's the scatter
> part that is a problem.  It is not clear which parts are user
> serviceable and which are not.
>
> But I agree that the amount of truly user serviceable parts is
> small.

NB: here, "user" refers to "autotools user", means "gnucap developer". i
don't intend to expose any of the autotools parts or input to a user,
not even to a package maintainer. in particular, the autotools clutter
does not matter at all.

even more so: i want the gnucap-plugin developer to be on the
"gnucap user" side. this is what "load file.cc" (using gnucap.mk)
is meant to do in gnucap-uf.

cheers
felix