Re: [Gnucap-devel] waves branch and wave copy constructor

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] waves branch and wave copy constructor
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:28:52 +0100

Hi Al.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 03:39:28PM -0500, al davis wrote:
> Most likely I will rework it to use the DISPATCHER instead plain
> std::map containers.

currently, there are two levels of std::map. instead of plain nested
DISPATCHERs, a DISPATCHER<WAVE_LIST> could be more appropriate. i can
think of functions to be implemented within a WAVE_LIST class, which
might be complicated otherwise.

> This is consistent with gnucap design.  In most cases, the copy
> constructor is restricted to prevent accidental deep copies of
> large objects.

i'm not sure how explicitly disallowing implicit copies improves
performance (who would actually copy 'by accident'?). but yes, it's more
consistent. just some code needs to be changed after removing the copy
constructor...

thanks
felix