[Gnucap-devel] Updated model of "Help" Command

From: Rishabh Yadav
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Updated model of "Help" Command
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 13:55:25 +0200

Hi,
I have one model for help function.Earlier,I proposed to describe the
manual of a plugin in its source code which can be later accessed to print
the formatted text in the interpreter when a user calls help command on
that plugin.
But now I have another model which differs from previous one.
Now,the manual of a plugin can be written in a separate file say
manual_plugin.hlp and then the groff command can be exploited for document
formatting and providing the formatted text to the user.
In our case,whenever the call goes to help command,the manual page for the
plugin can be provided in the interpreter by calling a function like
*groff -man -Tascii ./manual_plugin.hlp | less*
The manual pages for gnucap have to be written in a standard format that we
can discuss and define later.
All such manual pages for plugins will reside in a particular folder.It has
few benefits.
1.All these files will reside in a separate folder so if a user wants he
has a choice while installing the gnucap to install the man pages or not.If
pages are not installed with the gnucap then they can also be downloaded
and configured later.
2.One can write the manual page for a plugin without even touching the
source file.
3.Source files for a command are not required at all to look for the manual
string.
4.No loading of man pages while initiating gnucap. man pages will be
accessed only on the demand of the user during runtime.
If you have any other problem that this implementation might face then
please discuss it.It will help very much to improve this model.
Please share your feedback and suggestions.
Thanking You,
Rishabh Yadav
Junior Undergraduate
Department of Electronics Engineering