Re: [Gnucap-devel] wave copies

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] wave copies
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 14:56:58 -0400

On Sunday 15 June 2014, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 11:35:12PM +0530, Abhinav singh wrote:
> > I tried to store created graph structure  in a map though
> > successful but have to change when Mr. Davis pointed out
> > to use wave directly.Now wave data changes with each
> > simulation and this data is directly used for plotting. So
> > plot will also change with changing data as dynamic
> > plotting is on here.

interesting.  Perhaps this is a useful feature.

Hints at how to do iplot?

> maybe "use wave directly" means "use the wave class directly"
> and not "use the instance of the wave (that is subject to
> change) directly". converting wave data into a custom map
> doesn't sound very useful indeed.

could be.

You can't be sure until you try it.

> so how about stashing waves-to-be-plotted within the gtk/gui
> process as i suggested?

Copying a wave:

// get a pointer to the wave, as you do now.
WAVE* w = find_wave();

// returns NULL if it fails,  (I need to change this)
if (w) {

// now copy it into a local
WAVE wcopy(*w);

// or copy it to something that remains after the function exits
WAVE* wcopyptr(new WAVE(*w));

// handle when find_wave fails
}else{untested();
}

Oops ... the WAVE copy constructor is not implemented and
blocked.

Need to implement it:

inline WAVE::WAVE(const WAVE& X)
   _delay(X._delay)