[Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: Abhinav singh
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 12:02:56 +0530

//Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details//

//What is the main aim of this project?

Development of an integrated and interactive graphic waveform display
program something which gnucap currently lacks.

//What will be going to be implemented in coming three months?

My primary focus is on developing plugins like “plot” and “iplot” command
of ngspice. Secondary task is related to enhancing the functioning of
displayer.

In first month I will try to implement the new “plot” plugin which will
display the graphical output in separate window exactly like the “plot”
command of ngspice.

I starts with simple implementation then go on enhancing it by introducing
new features step by step.

Later in the project I will embed this separate window into displayer
program.

As i am using gtkmm (a C++ wrapper of gtk+) for GUI in which there is
inbuilt cairomm library we can use it for developing plotting library.

Details related to Gnucap pulgin:

1. A plugin for controlling all the basic functions related to plotting
from gnucap terminal. Basically it likes a “plot” command of ngspice.

2. Plugin something similar to “iplot” of ngspice.

3. A database creator plugin which will create the database that can be
used directly with the displayer.

The secondary focus is on developing user interface of waveform displayer.
This includes implementation of basic features like loading/saving file,
adding/deleting new wave, and various other functions like zoom in/zoom
out, creating database, help function etc. This program is something
similar to gwave but with better scope of modification and integration with
gnucap.

The last phase includes the implementation of command shell (inside
displayer) which is used for various functions like inserting/deleting
waves in current plot, setting wave display properties, and most
importantly wave processing commands.

Details related to basic functioning of displayer :

   1.

   Import file- A command in file menu for importing file which contains
   the data for plotting.
   2.

   New Wavepanel- A command in view menu along with a button in toolbar for
   adding new wavepanels in the viewer.
   3.

   Inserting/deleting waves- A command in view menu along with buttons in
   toolbar for inserting and deleting variables in currently selected
   wavepanel.

   1.

   Saving plot/file- A command in file menu for saving file(a database
   which contains plotting data along with the executed commands).Saving plot
   is used for saving the output waveforms in the form of png,jpeg etc.

   1.

   Zoom function- A button for zoomin and zoomout in toolbar.

Details related to command window :

1. Basic functions- Controlling above described function through commands.

2. Wave processing commands (optional)

3. Setting graph properties command

4. Help command
//Any suggestions or feedbacks will be highly appreciated especially
related with plugins.

Thank You,

Abhinav Kumar Singh
Third Year Undrgraduate,