Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Comprehensive Help System Implementation Detai

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Comprehensive Help System Implementation Details
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 15:34:14 +0200

Hi Rishabh.

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 06:40:27PM +0530, Rishabh Yadav wrote:
> The help string is defined between a start tag and an end tag.The help
> function access this string,parses it and then prints the output at the
> interpreter.

this implies that the source must be available in order for the help
system to work. I don't think, this is a good idea. in general it is not
possible to find the source code, even if it is present somewhere.

> If you have any better help system implementation structure or  any cool
> feature in your mind then please let us know. Your suggestions and feedback
> is very important and highly appreciated.

i was thinking about embedding circuit examples and unit tests into (or
in parallel to) the build system. have not written down any of it yet
but i guess this is useful and feasible.

thanks
felix