Re: [Gnucap-devel] pulse again

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] pulse again
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 20:43:51 -0500

On Friday 31 January 2014, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> Hi Al.
>
> bm_pulse.{1,2,3}.ckt contains
>
> Y1   2  3  pulse iv=20u pv=0 delay=500n period=1u
> Y2   3  0  pulse iv=0 pv=20u delay=500n period=1u
>
> but, this doesn't seem to work as intended. the period
> argument is "ignored".
>
> this apparently goes back to a fix in bm_pulse.cc, commit
> 8d51d947799.

RCS 26.76 2008/03/25

(This is one of the features of RCS that I wish GIT had.)

It is working correctly.  The test files are not correct in the
sense of testing something reasonable from a circuit view, but
are historical and do test an important part of the simulator
that might not be tested properly if tests were required to be
reasonable.

The correct response is a single transition followed by flat,
with no glitches when the period resets.

"delay" is not periodic.  It is a one time delay that shifts the
whole thing.

To make that test case work as originally intended, change delay
to width.