Re: [Gnucap-devel] autoconf-WIP branch

From: Kevin Zheng
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] autoconf-WIP branch
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:36:34 -0500

Hi there,

On 09/28/2013 00:52, al davis wrote:> What it has been:
> With the extra branches, they need to be identified.  This is
> important.  If I am running a WIP branch, I want to know it.

The current Git branch should already be set through the GIT_BRANCH
definition in config.h (or patchlev.h).

> Ideally, I would like to see the RCS numbers come back.  I think
> "git tag" is the answer, but I need to learn more about git to
> know for sure.

Git tag probably isn't what you're looking for. Tags are "shortcuts"
that point to a specific commit, useful for tagging releases. However,
you might want to have a look at keyword expansion, which is documented
a little in the Git Book[1]. On the other hand, even that doesn't seem
to add RCS/SVN revision numbers.

[1] http://www.git-scm.com/book/en/Customizing-Git-Git-Attributes

Thanks,
Kevin Zheng