Re: [Gnucap-devel] CMake WIP

From: Kevin Zheng
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] CMake WIP
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 08:14:00 +0800

On 08/05/2013 01:41, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> you can do "git push repo :branch" to delete "branch" from the remote
> "repo".

That is done; "cmake-WIP" is now one commit ahead of "master".

> what's more important: do you agree on the way i thing patchlev.h should
> work? is this feasible with CMake? i think all build systems should
> (approximately) do the same...

I already have patchlev.h working. After I rebased my work off of
master, I just need to copy the autotools-WIP version of patchlev.h and
put it in somewhere.

I was thinking; should version information be stored in a separate
object file rather than a header? When the version information changes,
it forces 'make' to rebuild most/all of the source files. This makes it
impossible to benefit from 'make' dependency tracking or ccache. Tell me
what you think.

Thanks,
Kevin Zheng