[Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:23:00 +0200

Hi there.

i've decided to base my work on (my clone of) the upstream branch inside
the debian repository [1], where i'm going to track (at least) the
release tarballs.

moving files within a git repo is not a big deal after reading the
manual a bit. i've split the tarball import into 2 commits. the first
*only* moving files around. see the "mergetest" branch for a
demonstration of what "git merge" magically does.

this way i expect to be able to rebase my work to prior to the move and
then *transparently* merge into commits/branches beyond the move.

i propose to use this "upstream" branch, more precisely

   git commit 1c31d8f2b3be2f3aee8bb751e34e16629b07c987
         "import gnucap-2013-04-23.tar.gz"

as "official" gnucap source base.

regards
felix

PS: well, given that we don't switch to a toy RCS.

[1] git://tool.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/git/gnucap_deb