Re: [Gnucap-devel] Channel IRC

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Channel IRC
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:24:21 +0100

Hi Romain.

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 04:16:02PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I need to implement 'command through socket' and 'output through
> socket' in gnucap.

gnucap already takes commands from stdin and writes to stdout.

> I would also need some advices. For instance, what would make more
> sense in the gnucap project ?
> A - An option enabling it (option socket = IP:PORT) or
> B - Do a .socket = IP:PORT (tran 0 1 0.1 .socket=IP:PORT)

A is not necessary, just connect the in- and output to nc (see NC(1)).

something like
machineA$ mkfifo p
machineA$ gnucap < p 2>&1 | nc -l -p 12345 > p

machineB$ telnet machineA 12345

should do the trick (my first attempt failed, is there a bug?!)

B is implemented in gnucap-uf, but its use is limited.

> Is there so specific things i should know about ?

probably you want to output binary data. in that case you should
consider implementing output plugins, see [1]. i wanted to do that once
to streamline my sock command and to simplify qucs-interoperability,
but i didnt have the time in the end.

regards
felix

[1] http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:projects