Re: [Gnucap-devel] Problem with logic elements, patch proposal

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Problem with logic elements, patch proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 12:12:11 +0100

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 04:13:59AM -0500, al davis wrote:
> On Thursday 08 November 2012, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> > Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to compile at the moment (the
> > linker complains about new_adp_node as declared in
> > u_modemap.h not existing). Is this the branch you're working
> > from or should I be following a different one? I would try
> > to work it out by trial and error but there are 57 branches
> > to pick from!
>
> Usually, you should be working from the latest development
> snapshot from gnucap.org, which is rather old.  The snapshots
> are tested and known to work.

i agree, don't use gnucap-uf and the like, if there's no need to.

> Other branches are personal experimental branches, work in
> progress.  They contain unreleased code.  In some cases, the new
> code in the other branches is good and will eventually make its
> way to the main trunk.  Others may not work as expected.

before anyone agrees on the way how to fix the logic gnd issue, there is
no reason for me to test/base a patch on an old snapshot. i won't merge
it into gnucap-uf until i'm convinced it works. and then it should work
with 0.36 all the same.

seriously, if there was an official repo containing recent fixes, my
commitment to upstream/0.36 would be somewhat bigger.

regards
felix