Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap.git at debian

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap.git at debian
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 10:01:02 +0200

Hi List. Hi John.

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 02:33:58PM -0500, John Griessen wrote:
> git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-electronics/gnucap.git  seems to be an aid to
> packaging
> standards of debian.
>
> Can we use it for development also?  There is a summer of code student wanting
> a git repo, and me also, and ??

are you proposing to use the debian infrastructure for developping? that
would mean all developers need a pkg-electronics account on
vasks.debian.org (which i doubt is appropriate). i guess, at the end, we
need something like github to stash a master branch.

for now it should be sufficient to agree on a common base repo.  the
upstream branch on git.debian.org is an excellent candidate.  there also
used to be a gnucapplus git repo (which seems to be down) and, based on
that, my branch 'al' on git://tool.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/git/gnucap.
(probably there are many more).

so if there's no original cvs holding more than just tarball imports
(Al?), +1 to using the debian repo's 'upstream' branch as future master.

regards
felix