Re: [Gnucap-devel] language plugin help

From: John Griessen
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] language plugin help
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:41:15 -0500

On 04/15/2012 11:47 AM, Felix Salfelder wrote:
I was wondering about why anyone would want to use gnetlist, when gnucap
can read the geda/gschem netlists.

geda/gschem netlists come from gnetlist.

We will use gnetlist for future hierarchy uses as in verilog-a gnetlist back
end,
and to not limit applications of gschem.

gschem will change.  I see gschem handling symbol instances in a year.

gnucap will change.  QUCS will change.

verilog-a is a precise standard we can use a particular version
of to good benefit.

And lastly, one uses gnetlist to make flat netlists for PCB production as a
subset.