Re: [Gnucap-devel] qucs parser

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] qucs parser
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:25:52 +0100

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:50:15PM -0500, al davis wrote:
> [..]
>
> As of now, everything except the "bm" modules has been moved
> away from it.  Eventually, it will be removed completely, but
> that can't be done yet.
>
> The missing pieces are the functions set_param_by_index,
> set_param_by_name, param_is_printable, param_name, param_value.
> They need to be added to the bm modules.  They will be
> eventually.  Some of the bm modules have arrays of parameters,
> which are not yet accomodated by the new system.

Hello Al, Hello list.

We have mostly figured out the parser and the parameter passing. it
works in some examples. others should work after completing the
corresponding set_param* functions.

what remains (on gnucap side) is the probes. qucs does not issue .print
commands, but has {i,v} probe devices, which add themselves to the
printlist. we had no trouble to implement an ELEMENT doing, what the
qucs-style probes do and hacked a simple hook in the backend, which
makes these probes register the corresponding probes.

there seem to be hardly any more options (we don't want to change qucs
for that matter), and i like the idea of having devices add probes.
would you give a hint on how to implement this functionality without
breaking other things? i'd like to add this functionality, but i'm not
feeling creative...

thanks
felix

PS: i sent this mail some time in february, but our institutes mail server
seems to have eaten it. apologies if you get a second copy later this century.