Re: [Gnucap-devel] Icon for gnucap?

From: Peter Clifton
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Icon for gnucap?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:17:31 +0100

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 20:23 -0700, Justin Fuhrer wrote:
> Justin Fuhrer wrote:

> Sorry, looks like the mailing list stripped my attachments.  See here
> instead:
>
> http://fb.xenostarz.com/index.php?fpp=10&did=3

If you wanted to include some anti-aliased elements, draw up the
schematic portion of the symbol in a git HEAD gschem, (which features
anti-aliased rendering), switch the grid off, and screen-capture at an
appropriate size.

The symbology looks fine to me - although I guess implying that gnucap
draws graphs is an aspiration to better plotting integration ;).

Doing icons for text based apps can be a challenge. Some kind of
abstract logo (rather than program icon) would have also been another
option - which avoids the need to design so it can be simplified to a
scaled version (down to about 21x21px). I guess it just depends if
anyone thinks gnucap ought to have a launcher in a GUI desktop's menu,
or whether it only makes sense to run from a command line.

The only concept I managed to come up with for gnucap would have been a
circuit fragment, with a component (or perhaps the whole fragment
graphic), hooked up to a graphic element looking like an ECG /
oscilloscope / chart of some kind.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton