Re: [Gnucap-devel] A potential waveform viewer

From: Werner Hoch
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] A potential waveform viewer
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:01:28 +0100

Hi Arnaud,

On Sonntag, 4. Januar 2009, Arnaud Gardelein wrote:
> Well, I am not really skilled in Python, but I tried to write a KISS
> program able to view results of Gnucap, following the guidelines
> thrown by Dan and Al. Since Gnucap is designed as if you would put
> probes on your board, I called it oscopy, a kind of oscilloscope in
> Python. There is a dependency with matplotlib/pylab. It is hosted
> here:
> git://repo.or.cz/oscopy.git

Some time ago I started such an application, too. It's located right
beside your git repo:
http://repo.or.cz/w/dataplot.git

The documentation is here:
http://www.h-renrew.de/h/dataplot/dataplot.html

About two years ago we've collected some notes about the plotting issue
in the geda wiki:
http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:data_plotting_improvements

My application uses python, matplotlib, numpy, gtk, pytables and hdf5.
It's alpha and not intented to do real work.

I will test your program, soon, or at least look into your code.

Regards
Werner