[Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2008-12-03

From: al davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2008-12-03
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 01:00:01 -0500

There is a new development snapshot available ...
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03.tar.gz

Optional plugin files:
There are some changes, so get these too:
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03-models-bsim.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03-models-jspice3-2.5.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03-models-ngspice17.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03-models-spice3f5.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03-tools.tar.gz

This file contains the md5sum of the other files, so you can
check for a proper download:
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-03.md5sum

This snapshot provides no real new features, just bug fixes and
general cleanup.  The 2008-10-10 snapshot was very buggy.

Among the improvements:

1. Two bugs in the native MOS1,2,3,6 models regarding threshold
voltage calculation and temperature effects have been fixed.  I
think the bugs were introduced with the model compiler, but I
am not sure about that.  The bugs only showed with certain
combinations of options, so regression tests missed them.  For
years, I blamed small differences on something else.  Now, they
have good correlation, in all tests including high frequency
AC, with the Spice models.  Compared to the Spice models (as
plugins) the native models are probably faster and have more
data available through probes.

2. There has been some serious cleanup of the
file "spice-wrapper.cc" which is used as an interface to all
Spice C model plugins.  All spice model plugins benefit from
this.

3. As a deviation from the policy of making absolutely no
changes to externally supplied models, some Spice models have a
bug that results in incorrect parameters being used for AC
analysis after a transient analysis.  The models that needed a
fix include all bjt and diode models (including bjt2 and vbic)
in the spice3f5 and ngspice17 tarballs.  The models in the
jspice3-2.5 tarball did not have the bug.

===

As usual, to get started you need only the main package
gnucap-2008-xx-xx.tar.gz .

If you need other models or functions, let me know.