[Gnucap-devel] gSoC bonding session / code sprint / bug day?

From: Peter Clifton
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] gSoC bonding session / code sprint / bug day?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:47:42 +0100

Hi All,

As we're now in the Google Summer of Code community bonding period, I
think it would make sense to schedule some kind of event, such as a code
sprint or bug day.

That should present a good opportunity for everyone to get together on
IRC (#geda on irc.seul.org) and do some hacking.

A suggestion I'd venture, is that our gSoC students (if able to attend)
might like to pick up a bug / small feature request to look at from the
relevant bug database, and it would be a nice way for us "oldies" to
start mentoring some code changes and helping our students get a feel
for their adopted code-base.

For myself, there is an un-filed PCB bug I'd like to work on in the GTK
hid, where PCB  can bring my machine with 2GB of ram to its knees at
high zoom levels!

Dates wise, I'd prefer something this coming weekend or during the next
week.

PS. Assuming everyone interested is on geda-dev, can we keep replies to
that list.. let me know if you're only on iverilog-devel or gnucap-devel

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,