Re: [Gnucap-devel] Ideas for the GSoC

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Ideas for the GSoC
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:55:26 -0400

On Monday 24 March 2008, Rafael Gonzalez wrote:
> About your suggestion about the plugins for Octave I was
> thinking more in analysis involving some concepts on signals
> and systems, like parameters in the time domain response like
> overshoot and delays or even transfer functions. I like the
> way that a system can be described in Octave. You can use the
>  transfer functions, state variables or just give the zeroes
> and poles of the system. I was thinking this tools can be
> useful for a simulation.

That's why I was thinking of a wrapper, like the spice wrapper,
that would interface to octave (or similar ones for python,
ruby, R, ...)  It is not an easy project.  It might work for a
summer, maybe a masters student.

> Also I've been checking the possibilities to implement
> Verilog-AMS as an input language, and I think it's good idea.
> But I also thought that a synthesis tool for digital systems
> with Verilog or VHDL as input languages may be agood idea
> too, but it could be very much for a single summer.

Verilog-AMS is happening, if I can get past the overhead.  It is
much too big for a summer.  A tiny piece might work, and I have
listed some of them.