Re: [Gnucap-devel] bug-report

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] bug-report
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 05:17:16 -0400

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 17:54, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > *>.option acct showall
> > .print ac zi(Wg1TE1)
> > .ac 100Meg 15G 20Meg >wr_lossyC_RM_TE10.plt
> > .end
>
> In Gnucap you need to run the analysis first, before asking for a
> print out.  This behavior is different from SPICE, which doesn't care
> how you order your input cards.
>
> Yes, I agree that Gnucap shouldn't segfault, but should rather issue
> a warning when you try to print before having run an analysis.

He has that part correct.  You need to attach the probes first, then run
the analysis.  If you don't it will run fine, but not show any output.

I agree that it should issue a warning when you run an analysis with no
probes connected.  Actually what is needed is for the output of any
analysis to be preceeded with some comments describing the conditions
of the analysis.  A comment "no probes connected" would cover this one.

There are times when you might want to run an analysis with no output,
for example, to set up for another analysis.

Part of this is being redone as part of the language plugin development.