Re: [Gnucap-devel] bug-report

From: Stuart Brorson
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] bug-report
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:54:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, walter steff? wrote:
Running gnucap 2007-03-29 on a linux platform and with the following input
file I get a segmentation fault. The fault dissappear when I remove the last
G elements (those referring to the subckt port named GWg1TM1).

The file is:

?#wr_lossyC

.subckt ?wr_lossyC Wg1TE1 Wg1TM1

C1 ?1 ?0 ? 8.85419e-15
C2 ?2 ?0 ? 8.85419e-15
[...snip!...]
GWg1TM1_20 ?Wg1TM1 0 ?20 0 ?-2.91700e-03
G20_Wg1TM1 ?20 0 ?Wg1TM1 0 ?2.91700e-03

.ends ?wr_lossyC

X ?Wg1TE1 wr_lossyC

*>.option acct showall
.print ac zi(Wg1TE1)
.ac 100Meg 15G 20Meg >wr_lossyC_RM_TE10.plt
.end

In Gnucap you need to run the analysis first, before asking for a
print out.  This behavior is different from SPICE, which doesn't care
how you order your input cards.

Yes, I agree that Gnucap shouldn't segfault, but should rather issue a
warning when you try to print before having run an analysis.

Stuart