[Gnucap-devel] Storing data in Gnucap

From: Xavier Romeuf
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Storing data in Gnucap
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:50:23 +0200

Hi,

I am working with Cyril Giraudon on a Python wrapper for Gnucap. I would like the wrapper to be able to obtain the results of an analysis to work them from the Python environment.

In Gnucap, the standard way seems the ">" option as follows:

gnucap> get aCircuit.ckt
gnucap> print tran v(4) v(5)
gnucap> transient .00005 .0001 0 > file

So the results can be obtained by parsing the output file.

However, while looking at the source code of Gnucap, I found in s__out.cc the SIM::store() method which is not yet implemented. Its comment is "will store data in preparation for post processing".

Does it mean that this method would be able to store the results of an analysis in memory (and so the results could be directly read by a wrapper without using a file)?

If so, how would this method be used? Called from another method (SIM::outdata()?) or after using a command like:
gnucap> store tran v(4) v(5)
gnucap> transient .00005 .0001 0
?

If SIM::store() does so, I can try to implement it...
A possible way would be to extend the probes contained by
PROBE_LISTS::store[_mode] by making them to store the analysis results. For instance, they could contain a std::vector member filled by SIM::store().
Would it be suitable?

Regards,

Xavier