[Gnucap-devel] Re: gnucap and python

From: Cyril Giraudon
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Re: gnucap and python
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:18:50 +0200

Hi,

I've downloaded the 21 02 2007 gnucap version and looked at the code
(plugin foo devices, CMD class, "attach" and "detach" commands...)

-
Is it the latest version ? Is there a version with plugin commands ?
Is there an example of a plugin for a command not for a device ?

-
About the python plugin, what would you like it to do ? Since it (the
derived classes of CMD) can only call the "command" method, It can not
add new capabilities ? Or will it be able to manipulate the sim
instance, circuit instance... ?

-
I 've seen commands (derived from CMD) never return an error indicator
or throw an exception. That is to say that it's very difficult for the
caller to know if nothing wrong happens. Errors are handled by the IO
stream, the user is alerted but simply by a message on the screen.
I think a wrapper can't detect easily the errors (add an action when an
error occurs, change the font color, popup a window...).

-
To be followed.

Best regards,

Cyril.