Re: [Gnucap-devel] SPICE to gnucap transition

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] SPICE to gnucap transition
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:42:38 -0400

On Monday 19 March 2007 01:30, al davis wrote:
> > > Also, I noticed that one file has a comment on how you
> > > needed to change it because ngspice is missing something.
> > > Surprised??? Go from one to another, you will always find
> > > something missing.

Scott: ......
> > Actually, before making accusations against ngspice you may
> > wish to read the Mosis FAQ.

Al ......
> That was a generic comment, not directed at anyone in
> particular.

Scott ......
> > They specifically note that their
> > models are SPICE compliant except for the XW and XL
> > parameters. These parameters were introduced by HSPICE and
> > subsequent proprietary SPICEs have adopted them. But
> > ngspice *is* SPICE.

Let me clarify ......   That comment was not intended to be
critical of ngspice or any other.  It is merely a statement
that when you move from one to another, you expect differences.
I am sure there are features that NGspice has that HSpice
doesn't.

For what it's worth, the native level 49 model in gnucap does
have the XW and XL parameters, and several others that are in
HSpice but not in standard spice, including the "binning"
parameters.