[Gnucap-devel] source rearrangement

From: al davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] source rearrangement
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:59:24 -0500

I will be rearranging the source, to better fit the plugins and
other extensions.  There will also be a rearrangement in how it
is installed.

Old system ...  Basically it is one program.  Installation could
be just copying the executable to where you want it to be.  In
my version, "ap_" and "l_" files, and "Make2" and "Make3" were
symlinked.  For distribution, these were changed to copies of
files, as per GNU recommendations.

Needed:
Will need to install the core, plugins, tools, and headers.

Installation proposal:
 put it in $(PREFIX)  (likely /usr/share/gnucap)
..../bin - executables: core (gnucap) and tools (modelgen,
verilog, etc.)
..../lib - plugins - all kinds, regardless of format or
language, with a local hierarchy. (spice3f5, bsim, core, etc.)
..../include - includes (needed to compile plugins)

Most systems will put this /bin in something
like /usr/local/bin.  I prefer symlinks.

Splitting the source ...

.../ap
.../core
.../commands (utility)
.../devices
.../analysis commands
.../functions

.../modelgen
.../verilog

.../plugins - place to put the ones that are distributed
separately.

.../man
stays the same.

I will do it within a day or so.  comments?