Re: [Gnucap-devel] Modified version of l_dispatcher.h -- please try it.

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Modified version of l_dispatcher.h -- please try it.
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:58:30 -0500

On Sunday 04 March 2007 21:26, Dan McMahill wrote:
> I still haven't wrapped your small test case up in an
> autoconf test.

No problem ...  You should know by now that I will go to great
lengths to avoid the need for any such tests.  I want portable
code.

On Sunday 04 March 2007 21:26, Dan McMahill wrote:
> Last I checked the autoconf setup did work correctly for
> cross compiling with the one catch that you have to do a
> native build and install first to have access to modelgen.
>  But once you have that, cross compiling seemed to "just
> work".  But this may not really matter for most (all?) gnucap
> users.

It is that way with the old build system too.  To cross compile
you need a native modelgen.

This will change.  Anything that comes from modelgen can be a
plug-in.  I am planning a big re-arrangement which will make it
so.  I am thinking that modelgen will no longer be used for the
core.  It will only be used to build plugins.

And .....   There will be (eventually) 4 or more new variants of
modelgen.  For full functionality, you will need all of them.
(Verilog, VHDL, MAST, Spectre-HDL, ......)  The appropriate one
will be chosen automatically when you "attach", so you will be
able to do something like "attach my_model.vams", and it will
do as you expect.