Re: [Gnucap-devel] Modified version of l_dispatcher.h -- please try it.

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Modified version of l_dispatcher.h -- please try it.
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 21:26:58 -0500

al davis wrote:
This is a modified version, that uses a pointer work-around,
hopefully taking care of the initialization order issue.

It works for the cases I tried .. I was able to move globals.o to either end of the link list and it works both places.

This is good. I still haven't wrapped your small test case up in an autoconf test. One thing I quickly realized is that of course that will not work correctly for a cross-compile environment. In that case you'd have to fall back to some hard coded lookup table that used known results for whatever tools chains it knew about and took a guess when encountering an unknown toolchain.

Last I checked the autoconf setup did work correctly for cross compiling with the one catch that you have to do a native build and install first to have access to modelgen. But once you have that, cross compiling seemed to "just work". But this may not really matter for most (all?) gnucap users.

-Dan