Re: [Gnucap-devel] missing info in the models tarballs.

From: Stuart Brorson
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] missing info in the models tarballs.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 07:59:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, al davis wrote:

On Saturday 24 February 2007 14:09, al davis wrote:
On Saturday 24 February 2007 03:43, David Fang wrote:
I strongly recommend
GNU libtool -- it works like magic;

Go for it. ? I have not used it. ?I agree that it is needed. ?
What you see now is a temporary hack to get something out.

I decided to try it ..  That is play with it to compile a
plugin.

[...]

2. The libtool tarball is about 3 MB. about 3 times the size of
the gnucap basic tarball. (core + enough plugins to be useful)
It contains lots of stuff for lots of systems.

I gotta agree with the chorus of libtool advocates.  It will make your
life easier.   Also, what the big deal about a 3MB tarball if you
already require g++ to build Gnucap & it's plug-ins?

FWIW, most of the other tools in the gEDA Suite also use libtool for
build management, so it's not a burdensome additional dependency.
And I'm the one who *hates* dependencies!

Stuart