Re: [Gnucap-devel] Feedback needed, especially non-Linux

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Feedback needed, especially non-Linux
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:27:04 -0500

On Thursday 22 February 2007 17:10, David Fang wrote:
> % ./gnucap
> incorrect link order
> Abort

That tells me all I need to know.  There is code to check for a
known problem and notify of it.

Try this:

Option #1 ...

Change the order in which the files are listed.
Put "globals.cc" first instead of last.

Now does it work?

Option #2 ...

Use the old build system  ./configure.old.

I really should call it the development build system because
that is the one I use for development.  Autoconf is a big pain.
I use it for distribution because people expect it, kind of
like RPM and DEB, and because Dan did the work of setting it
up.  I don't have the patience to use it for development.  I
would very much welcome a good replacement for autoconf, and
know how to spec it and do it, but I am focusing my effort on
gnucap instead.  If someone wants to do it, I can work with
them.

Anyway ...  that alone won't fix it.  You still need to put
globals.cc first.

Now does it work?