Re: [Gnucap-devel] patches to gnucap-2006-07-08

From: Stuart Brorson
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] patches to gnucap-2006-07-08
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:00:50 -0400 (EDT)

man/html is a generated directory, which can be deleted. When it is deleted, man/html/Makefile.in is not regenerated.
It is used only in building the dist file using autoconf-make,
so I missed it.

putting it back..

I guess I'd argue that while 99% of the contents of man/html is generate and can be delete, that the directory itself and the Makefile stuff shouldn't be deleted.

man/html is a generated directory, so even Makefile.am must be a generated file. How to generate? Copy from stash place?

but why ever totally remove the man/html directory? Why not just remove all of the generated files in there? Or does HeVeA have some issue with that?

Pardon me for butting in here.  I basically agree with Dan.  In other
projects I've seen, an empty directory for stuff yet to be built will
still have the Makefile.am in it to enable building the directory's
contents using the GNU build stuff.  It makes the lives of the
developers (and downstream users) sooooo much easier than trying to
fool the automake system some other way.

Stuart