Re: [Gnucap-devel] New gnucap development snapshot

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] New gnucap development snapshot
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 17:47:20 -0400

al davis wrote:
There is a new development snapshot of gnucap available.

You can get it at: Official site:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2006-07-08.tar.gz
Mirrors:
http://www.geda.seul.org/dist/gnucap-2006-07-08.tar.gz

cool. I was updating the NetBSD package and ran into 3 minor things that I'm somewhat puzzled by.

Did you do anything to the tar file after running 'make dist'? I'm asking because the man/gnucap-man.dvi file doesn't seem to be in the tar file but as near as I can tell from man/Makefile.am, it should be. The result is 'make install' fails if I don't have latex installed (the build system is set up to use latex if found but otherwise issue warnings and use the .dvi file which ships in the .tar.gz).

The second question is if your intention is to not have the html manual installed with 'make install'. By commenting out the SUBDIRS= html line in man/Makefile.am, the html manual doesn't get installed. Whats wierd is by commenting that out, the html manual shouldn't have even ended up in the .tar.gz file yet I see it there.

My last question is really an observation that test/==/Makefile.in seems to have been generated by a really old automake (1.4) while all the others are from a modern (1.9.6) automake. I'm not sure how this one got singled out.

I can try to investigate all of these but don't want to spend time on it if the .tar.gz file was modified after creation with 'make dist' or (better yet) 'make distcheck'.

Thanks
-Dan