Re: [Gnucap-devel] New gnucap development snapshot

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] New gnucap development snapshot
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:34:59 -0500

Thanks.  That is what I need.

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 08:39, Dan McMahill wrote:
> The netlist and some gnucap warnings/errors are shown below:

> .param A4NP=0 fac_n ='0.3*2.5'
> + toxn='8E-09+A4NP*fac_n*1.5e-10*0.5'

Expressions for parameters are not implemented yet.  It
interprets that whole expression as a string.  This is on the
todo list.

> .MODEL nch NMOS (
> +LEVEL    = 49    TNOM     = 25.0    VERSION = 3.24
> +TOX      = 'toxn'             ACM=12
> +)

> * Parameter and level 49 test
> ... 3.24 TOX      = 'toxn'              ACM=12 )
>                                          ^ ? what's this?
> parameter 'toxn' has no value
> parameter 'toxn' has no value

Quote problem.  I need to fix that.  Try it without the quotes.
It is looking for 'toxn', complete with quotes.

Looking at my old HSPICE docs...

ACM is "area control method".  It specifies how the area and
perimeter of a diode are adjusted, and how they are applied to
the circuit model, for example in the diode parameters and
parasitic resistance and capacitance.

What I will do for now is to add ACM as a dummy parameter, with
a default value of 10, which appears to match the Berkeley way.

I have been hoping to put this off until I have Verilog-A
support.  Then this becomes a user library issue.
Unfortunately, without these models, users move elsewhere, and
the motivation for everything declines.