Re: [Gnucap-devel] sweep command in batch mode

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] sweep command in batch mode
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:00:45 -0500

On Sunday 30 January 2005 03:51 am, Peter Kaiser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does the sweep command work in batch mode?
>
> I have tried the following example. Interactive it works, but
> not in batch mode.
>
> Has anybody a idea whats wrong?
>
> Peter
>

> .options namednodes
> .include
> /home/peter/gEDA/library_spice/open_tech_lib/peter.lib
>
> Vdd vdd 0 pwl 0s 0V 5s 5V
> Vbe 1 0 DC 0.65V
> R1 vdd c 1m
> Q1 c 1 0 0 Q2N2222 1
>
> .print tran i(vdd)
> .sweep 5 vbe=0.5,0.9
> .tran 100m 5 >> sepp
> .go

It doesn't work in Spice-style batch mode.  It never did.  It
has been so long since I looked at that code, that I forgot
about it.

The "dot commands" are a consession to Spice compatibility.  I
recommend that you use the two-file method, using I/O
redirection to read the command file, then put the circuit in a
separate file.

I am planning to rework the whole command structure, as part of
Verilog support. For now, a quick fix is not high priority,
because it will delay the proper fix.