Re: [Gnucap-devel] Interfacint to gschem

From: Peter Kaiser
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Interfacint to gschem
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 00:06:51 +0100

Thank's for your answer. I will check it out in the next days, whether I can
use my ngspice schmatics with gnucap. It's always good to hear from others,
that this way should work.

>  Hi I have been using gschem with the regular and spice symbols and then I
> think gschem-sdb to generate circuits. It works fairly well, but it does
> need some touch up by hand, especially models and such.
>
>  I primarily use it to get the schematic into a netlist and then I add the
> simulation directives ( analysis and model, also prints ) by hand.
>
>  However I have heard that oregano can do gnucap schematic capture, but I
> have been unable to build compile ( not enough motivation ).

A while ago, I came across the oregano web page. The screendumps look very
promising. It looks for me similar to PSpice V8, what I love. Unfortunatly
the actual versions of PSpice is several steps back in user friendlyness.

What I like most on gschem: It's stable and I don't have to work around
bugs!!!

Is here anybody who has experiance with oregano?

Peter