Re: [Gnucap-devel] Interfacint to gschem

From: Stuart Brorson
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Interfacint to gschem
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:22:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi Peter --

I understand that some folks have been using spice-sdb to create
GnuCap schematics.  The GnuCap syntax is close to that of SPICE.

Gschem has a bunch of GnuCap directives in the spice symbols
directory.  Alternatively, you can use a spice directive box and put
arbitrary strings in in order to issue GnuCap commands.

Personally, I like to generate netlists with non-number names (such as
Vin or Vcollector).  If you also use non-number netnames,  make sure
you issue the GnuCap command ".option namednodes" before you read in
the netlist.  Otherwise, GnuCap will barf when it tries to read in
non-number netnames.

Please post any problems you experience using spice-sdb here.  I will
try to then fix spice-sdb so that it is completely compatible with
GnuCap.

Stuart