[Gnucap-devel] Possible contribution

From: Orestes Mas
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Possible contribution
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:55:55 +0100

Dear Mr. Davis,

We're a group of researchers with the Politechnic University of Catalonia, in Barcelona (Spain).

Some years ago, our group developed a piece of software, called ARIADNA, intended to compute the transfer function of any (linear or linearized) circuit in a semi-symbolic manner. Basically, the algorithm works by finding the frequency response of the circuit in a set of (complex) frequencies equally spaced over the unit circle in the complex plane, and then solving a set of linear equations to find the coefficients of the transfer function's numerator and denominator.

This software, originally written in FORTRAN, was later rewritten in C++, so we think it would be relatively easy to merge the code with the gnucap one, adding to it the ability to compute network functions.

So how do you consider it? We're relatively new to the GNU/Linux world (and to the UNIX world too), and we don't master programming in this environment, nor the gnucap internals, but being our software mainly a calculation routine, and with major mathematical algorithms already implemented in gnucap, we think this wouldn't be a very huge task if we've your assistance.

Regards,

* Orestes Mas                           *
* Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya  *
* Gran Capità s/n Mòdul D4, Campus Nord *
* 08034 BARCELONA                       *
* Tel.: +34.93.401.70.72                *
* Fax.: +34.93.401.72.00                *
* email: address@hidden             *